Spooning is one of my favorite activities. There’s something so satisfying about tucking yourself into something sweet and creamy. Whether nuzzling into a cold scoop of ice cream or a hot cobbler, good spooning makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Some people will say spooning is best after a foodgasm, late at night after you’ve worked your way through a savory sensations, I say it’s always a good time for spooning. Midday, late at night, or early morning. Indulge yourself and get coddled in some sweetness.
There’s no wrong way to do it, but I do have a soft spot for creme brûlée! There’s something so satisfying about breaking through that hard surface to find a perfect creamy center. It’s hard work but defiantly worth it.
- 600ml Heavy cream
- 5 egg yolks
- 50g sugar
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 vanilla bean grated
- Extra sugar for topping
- Get hot- preheat an oven to 350°
- Massage- Mix egg yolks, sugar, cream and vanilla in a bowl and whisk until evenly combined
- Get Wet- Divide the mixture into 6 ramekins then place in a roaring tin, fill the roasting tin half way up with boiling water
- Slide in- Bake for 40 minute
- Cool down- Cool ramekins to room temperature
- Finish- Sprinkle ramekins with sugar evenly over surface and light with a blowtorch until caramelized.